Bhagirathi Rafting Expedition
Bhagirathi is the main tributary of the Ganga. The river originates from the fabled source of Ganga at Gaumukh. This exotic body of sparkling water then flows down through the heart of the Himalayas cutting itself a magnificent gorge. Our expedition takes you into this gorge which is accessible only by the river. You exit the gorge at Devprayag at the confluence of the Alaknanda and the Bhagirathi which meet together to form the Ganga.
Shivpuri - Temple beach - Devprayag - Gorge Camp - Kaudiyala - Shivpuri - Rishikesh
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01 : Shivpuri – Zero Point Raft To Temple Camp
- Early morning drive to Tehri and onwards to the Tehri dam project. After a packed breakfast we will undergo a safety briefing and board our rafts for the expedition. A short one-hour raft run will bring us to our first night halt in the gorge on a small beach.
- Dinner and overnight in tents
Day 02 : Camp – Temple Beach
- A short but exciting run will take you through the virgin landscapes of the Bhagirathi gorge from this day onwards you will be entering the Gorge (about 67 Kms). The gorges are thickly forested and you may come across wild animals like deer, pheasant, black bear etc. You will not come across any villages as they are away from the riverbanks and there will be no road support when you are in the gorges. Lunch on the beach.
- Dinner and overnight in sandy beaches.
Day 03 : Temple Beach – Devprayag – Gorge Camp
- After breakfast we raft for 04 hrs. This will perhaps be the most exciting of all as we will today negotiate The Fall and the confluence rapid. Meet up with the Alaknanda river at Devprayag. Here onwards the gorge opens out and we gently float down the mighty Ganga. After a short while we stop over at a beautiful beach camp.
- Dinner and overnight in Camp.
Day 04 : Devprayag – Gorge Camp- Kaudiyala
- A scenic float down till Kaudiyala. This is the toughest section, especially for the paddlers as the water flows calmly and there are few rapids on this section. 05 hrs. of rafting. However, the lack of rapids is more than made of by the wilderness of the area. Lunch enroute on the beach. The Ganga flows through a small gorge, where no human being can reach except for the rafter. One can see wild animals, even the elephants.
- Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 05 : Kaudiyala – Shivpuri
- After breakfast negotiate rapids. 4-5 hrs of rafting today. We hit thrilling rapids namely Wall, Three blind mice, Cross fire, Black money and the Daniels dip. Lunch enroute. In the evening campfire and cultural activities.
- Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 06 : Shivpuri – Rishikesh – Delhi
- Camp activities like Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Kayaking, Dune Jumping, Swimming, trekking and beach volleyball are at disposal for your use this morning. At approximately 1100 hrs you will depart for your most exciting day on the river. Negotiating grade 3 and grade 4 rapids like the Roller Coaster and Golf Course provide for an unequalled and un forgettable experience. Today you will have plenty of time to indulge in body surfing, cliff jumping and sunbathing on the rafts while you gently float down towards the pull out point at N.I.M. beach.
- Five nights accommodation in tents on full board basis as per the itinerary.
- All rafting equipment like life jackets helmets etc.
- Supporting staff like guides, cooks etc.
- Safety kayaker .
- Transport in non AC Sumo / coach from Shivpuri – Shivpuri.
- Govt. Taxes
- Any transportation from Delhi –Shivpuri & Back
- Any insurance
- Any airfare / train fare
- Personal expenses like tips phone call, laundry etc.
- Any item which is not specified in our tour programme.
- Any accommodation in Delhi.